An easy 4th of July poke cake recipe made with jello and topped with cool whip and a red, white, and blue flag with fresh berries.
Flag Poke Cake for 4th of July
yield: 16 SERVINGS prep time: 20 MINUTES cook time: 30 MINUTES chill time: 4 HOURS total time: 4 HOURS 50 MINUTES
1 box (15 or 16 ounces) white cake mix
water, oil and eggs as called for on cake mix box
1 (3 ounce) box cherry Jello mix
1 (3 ounce) box berry blue Jello mix
2 cups boiling water, divided
1 cup cold water, divided
1 (8 ounce) Cool Whip, thawed
1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
½ cup fresh blueberries
- Prepare the cake mix in a 9×13 pan as directed on the package. Bake then allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes after removing it from the oven.
- Meanwhile, prepare the jello by combining cherry jello mix with 1 cup of boiling water and whisking until completely dissolved. Whisk in ½ cup cold water and set aside.
- Repeat the process to prepare the blue jello and set aside.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes throughout the top of the cake.
- Spoon the jello in the holes, alternating between blue and red jello.
- Cover and refrigerate the cake for at least 3 hours to allow the jello to set.
- Spread the whipped topping evenly over the top of the cake.
- Arrange the blueberries and sliced strawberries in a flag pattern on top of the cake.
- Serve and enjoy!
Home Selling Resources
|Complete Guide to Home Selling||Get a Free Consultation on Selling Your Home|
|10 Tips to Selling Your Home||How to Prepare Your Home for Sale|
|Find Out What Your Home is Worth|
Home Buying Resources
|Search Homes For Sale Now||View Open House List|
|Home Buying Process – A Complete Guide||7 Tips to Home Buyer Success|
|Free Home Buyer Consultation||Why You Need A Buyers Agent|